What’s the scoop on your group?
Download the PDF – Scoop your Group exercise
- Is your meeting location conveniently located, accessible and user friendly?
- Are the program and agenda publicized, via email or website?
- Do club meetings start and end on time?
- Does the club president follow the pre-printed agenda?
- Does every member wear a name badge and membership pin?
- Are all guests and members warmly greeted at the door and feel welcomed?
- Are all guests introduced to others?
- Is there a friendly atmosphere during the meeting?
- Is the meeting environment comfortable, pleasant and enjoyable?
- Is your club meeting place easy to find, with signs posted?
- Is the cost of meals reasonable?
- Is the Toastmasters International Catalogue displayed at meetings?
- Is the business meeting conducted quickly and efficiently?
- Are programs interesting and varied?
- Are speakers, evaluators and other meeting members aware of responsibilities?
- Are speeches well prepared and based on manual or projects?
- Are evaluations positive, helpful and constructive?
- Is everyone given an opportunity to participate in the program?
- Are your officers effective in their roles as leaders?
- Do officers report on the clubs progress in the DCP?
If not – Do you want to make suggestions for improvement?
- Does your club set a membership goal each year?
- Do your leaders maintain “member services” perspective?
- Does your club have membership drives and promote its meetings?
- Does you club participate in TM membership building programs?
- After the meeting, are guests invited to join the club?
- Are new members oriented to TM program after joining?
- Are new members reported to World Headquarters to receive membership?
- Are new members assigned a mentor?
- Are new members scheduled to speak soon after joining?
- Are new members assigned meeting roles soon after joining?
- Are new members formally inducted and given a membership certificate, badge?
- Is your club free of an absentee problem?
- Does a member contact those who miss more than one meet and encourage them to attend on a regular basis?
- Are all members assigned to a club committee?
- Is your club free of members who disrupt meetings and have a negative influence on meetings and members?
- Are members recognised during meetings for outside accomplishments and contributions?
If not, Do you have some suggestions for improvement?
- Does your club begin each meeting by reading the Mission Statement?
- Does your club provide opportunities for speaking outside the club?
- Does your club regularly conduct programs from the Better Speaker Series, Leadership Excellence and Successful Club Series?
- Are members encouraged to visit other Toastmasters clubs?
- Does your club enjoy occasional joint meetings with other clubs?
- Does your club encourage members to attend area, division, district, regional and international functions?
- Do you know the value of and requirements for the various educational awards?
- Does your club display wall charts for the programs?
If not, Do you have suggestions for improvement?
- Do you have a club newsletter or Web site?
- Does your club take advantage freetoasthost.org to create Web site?
- Do you have a formal and impressive installation for club officers?
- Are you encouraged to attend your executive committee meetings?
- Are you familiar with the proxy your club receives each March?
- Does the club treasurer begin collecting October and April dues early and give members plenty of reminders about the due dates?
- Do your officers thoroughly understand their responsibilities and do them?
- Are members encouraged to assume leadership roles in the club?
If not, What do you suggest we do to improve?