It is really exciting but also unbelievable to think that we only have three and a half months left of this Toastmasters’ year in which to achieve the goals we set last July. Then the year just seemed to stretch out ahead of us. We must be having fun because the time is whipping past!
How can you help?
- Please renew your membership with your club/s this April and encourage your fellow Toastmasters to renew theirs.
- Encourage friends and work colleagues to come to Toastmasters! Don’t let Toastmasters be a well kept secret.
- Be an active member in your club. Make your meetings a fun, dynamic learning experience for all. If you believe your club could do something better- offer to make it happen.
- Revisit your Communication and Leadership goals that you set yourself at the beginning of the Toastmasters year and shoot for the stars.
- Rekindle your enthusiasm for Toastmasters – it’s where we grow – our confidence and, in turn, our potential.
- Be courageous – take on the challenge of a Leadership role! This, more than any experience in Toastmasters, is how we can learn and implement new skills!
All these challenges will support your goal of being a Distinguished Club. In turn it will help our District be Distinguished. The District team thanks you for your enthusiasm and commitment.
Voices in Harmony–District 69 Annual Convention 2, 3 & 4th May
This is a ‘not-to-be-missed event’. It’s a time to hear exciting speakers – like Kingi Biddle, currently Number 2 in the World in Toastmasters! Kingi is one of our keynote speakers. International Director Mike Helm will be helping us look at the Voice of Leadership.
And World Champion–Brett Rutledge is running a master class on the Power of Your Voice! Brett is an amazing presenter. He is also a powerful speaker, an incredible mimic … and very funny as well!
Don’t miss out. Registration will only be open for another 6 weeks. Make sure you’ve booked your place – visit http://www.toastmastersd69.org/events/district-69-convention-2014 and we’ll see you there.
Fellow Toastmasters it is going to be a fast and furious three and a half months. Here’s to District 69 being Distinguished.
Marilyn Freeman District 69 District Governor.