Attending club officer training is an integral part of the club leadership experience. By attending training, you will have the opportunity to develop real-world leadership skills, form support networks with your peers, and take away knowledge and ideas which can help you succeed in your role.
District 69 offers two rounds of training for club officers every year, in June-August and November-February. Club leaders are strongly encouraged to attend sessions in both rounds in order to gain the most for yourself in terms of skills, ideas, and networking.
Members may also attend these sessions in order to learn more about leadership, as well as any future club roles they are considering nominating for.
Participating in training also helps your club to achieve its Distinguished Club Program (DCP) goals for the year.
Information for Round 1 (June-July 2020)
The following information is relevant for incoming club leaders for 2020-21:
- Due to COVID-19 restrictions, ALL club officer training this round will be conducted online via the District’s Zoom platform.
- Sessions will be offered across a range of weekdays, weeknights and weekends. No additional sessions will be offered this round.
- Training content will focus on critical knowledge areas for incoming club leaders, and includes breakout sessions for each individual officer role.
- Sessions will be 3 hours in length, comprising 1 hour of role-specific breakouts plus 2 hours of common/plenary content. The content and running order will be the same for each session:
- Building Winning Teams (40 min)
- Club Officer Role Breakouts (60 min)
- Team Planning and Goalsetting (40 min)
- Tools for Success (30 min)
DCP Credit Requirements
- To qualify for DCP training credit for this round of training, at least 4 club leaders must complete the equivalent of an entire 3 hour session, including a 1 hour breakout for their specific role.
- Club officers can meet the 3 hours requirement in one block or in several shorter blocks to a total of 3 hours training.
- Members who hold several club officer roles need to attend additional breakouts so that they are trained in each club role they hold. If they hold the same officer role in more than one club, they only have to attend that specific breakout once.
- Example A: A member who is a Treasurer in one club needs to attend a 1 hour breakout for their role, plus complete 2 hours common/plenary content in order to receive DCP credit
- Example B: A member who is a President of two clubs only needs to attend a 1 hour President breakout session once, plus complete 2 hours common/plenary content to receive DCP credit
- Example C: A member who is a Secretary and a President across one or more clubs needs to attend a 1 hour Secretary breakout session, plus a 1 hour President breakout session, plus complete 2 hours common/plenary content to receive DCP credit
Calendar / Registration
The calendar below outlines the available training sessions you can attend.
Register for sessions by clicking on your preferred session time from the list and completing your registration details.
- 17 June – Wednesday – 6pm to 9pm
- 21 June – Sunday – 1pm to 4pm
- 25 June – Thursday – 6pm to 9pm
- 29 June – Monday – 6pm to 9pm
- 30 June – Tuesday – 6pm to 9pm
- 3 July – Friday – 12pm to 3pm
- 4 July – Saturday – 1pm to 4pm
- 8 July – Wednesday – 6pm to 9pm
- 12 July – Sunday – 9am to 12pm
- 13 July – Monday – 6pm to 9pm
- 18 July – Saturday – 9am to 12pm
Prior to attending training, read through the Toastmasters International summary document for your role below in order to maximise your learning from the session.
You can also read through more detailed descriptions of each role in the Club Leadership Handbook (starting from pg. 22).