NOMINATIONS ARE NOW BEING ACCEPTED FOR POSITIONS ON THE 2021/2022 LEADERSHIP TEAM
The District 69 Leadership Committee is seeking nominations from suitably qualified candidates to fill District Leadership Roles for the 2021/2022 Toastmaster Year.
These roles include:
- District Director
- Program Quality Director
- Club Growth Director
- Brisbane Division Director
- Central Division Director
- Eastern Division Director
- Moreton Division Director
- Northern Division Director
- Papua New Guinea Division Director
- Southern Division Director
- Western Division Director
- Area Directors (nominations accepted, no interviews are conducted by the DLC as this position is an appointment by the District Director Elect (2021/2022)
To appreciate the role and the associated responsibilities, it is suggested that potential candidates read the attached literature to ensure that they meet the eligibility requirements.
The District Administrative Bylaws and Policy and Protocol are available on www.toastmasters.org and will be a valuable resource for all potential candidates.
Please familiarise yourself with Protocol 9.0: District Campaigns and Elections.
Members, including current members of the District Executive Committee, may self-nominate for District office, be sought out by the DLC, or be nominated by an individual member.
To be nominated, elected or appointed, or run from the floor for any District officer position, candidates must:
- Sign the Toastmasters International Officer Agreement and Release Statement.
- Submit a completed Candidate Biography Form and photograph.
Term of Office
The terms of all incoming District officers shall commence at midnight on July 1 2021 and end on the following June 30, 2022 11:59 p.m.
All Candidates (including floor candidates) must have been interviewed by the District Leadership Committee within the Toastmaster calendar year (2020/2021).
- December 2020 – District 69 Nominations open
- Sunday 31st January 2021 midnight – District 69 Nominations close
- 1st February 2021 – Candidate Interviews commence (note that candidates will be given a minimum of approximately 4-7days notice – so it is advised that candidates be prepared)
- 28th February 2021 – Candidate Interviews finish.
- 20th March 2021 – Candidates will have been advised by this date if they were successful and will be requested to supply a photo along with a short bio for the final DLC report and website.
- All Candidates attend the District Council meeting. Candidates for contested positions will be asked to give a short 2 minute speech.
- Toastmasters International requires that any candidate running for and/or holding office, whether elected or appointed, agrees to and signs the District Leader Agreement and Release Statement form. Please submit your signed statement to the chair of the District Leadership Committee (DLC). Completed statements will be submitted to the District Director.
District candidates may only send two (2) campaign communications. These communications may only be sent to members of the District Council:
- The first communication may be sent between January 1 and two (2) weeks prior to the District Council’s annual meeting.
- The second communication may be sent two (2) weeks prior to and no later than the date of the District Council’s annual meeting.
Nominations must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and will be accepted until midnight on the closing date of Sunday 31st January 2021.
In order for your nomination to be accepted you are required to submit:
District Leader Nomination Form
Candidate Application form
District Leader Agreement Release form
Current Photograph (Passport type, portrait. No other persons should appear in the photograph)