HURRY! Award Nominations For Semi-Annual Conference Close Very Soon!
Recognise District 69”s Highest Achievers
Toastmaster of the Year 2015-2016
Division Director of the Year 2015-2016
Area Director of the Year 2015-2016
Nominations for each of the above close on Friday, 4th November.
Triple Boomerang Award recipients for 2015-2016 are also announced at SAC.
Nominations for Triple Boomerang close on Monday, 10th October.
See below for details and nomination forms for any of these awards.
Toastmaster of the Year
Division Director of the Year
Area Director of the Year
Each year, these three prestigious awards are decided by the District Director for that nomination year (the Immediate Past District Director when they are announced).
For the 2015-2016 nomination year, entries close on Friday, 4th November, 2016, by which time they must be sent to the Immediate Past District Director, Christine Lennon DTM.
Remember: in order to be eligible to be considered for the award, we must receive a nomination for the award.
For any queries, please contact Christine Lennon DTM. Remember, this is for the year beginning 1st July, 2015, and ending 30th June, 2016.
Click Here to download the Nomination Form for these 3 Awards.
Hall of Fame
The Hall of Fame is a recognition of those members and clubs who committed to the pursuit of better communication and leadership skills.
Best Club Newsletter
Awarded at Annual Convention, 3 issues are to be submitted prior to April 1st.
- Read some tips on producing a great club newsletter.
- Download the Club Newsletter Competition Criteria.
Best Club Website
Awarded at Annual Convention, club websites need to be compliant by April 1st, when judging will start.
Awards Unique to District 69
The Triple Boomerang is awarded to every member who achieves 3 things which are:
- Sponsor 3 new members in a Toastmasters year. The members sponsored must still be members in good standing as at 30 June each year. This is a mandatory requirement of the Triple Boomerang.
- Achieve any educational or Leadership award. For example, complete a Competent Communicator award.
- Achieve a 2nd educational or Leadership award. For example, complete a Competent Leader award.
Download Triple Boomerang Award Application Form.
For achieving a Triple Boomerang the qualifying members will be recognised in 3 ways with:
- their name will be announced at the following Semi-Annual Conference
- their name will be placed on a perpetual “Wall of Fame” that will be displayed twice a year at the two District Conferences
Awarded at Annual District Convention to a Club on the basis of Club members present at the convention multiplied by kilometres travelled.
Awarded at Annual Convention to the Club with the most members at Convention.
Distinguished Club of the District (Golden Club Award)
Awarded to the top Club in District 69 at the Semi-Annual Hall of Fame.
Is awarded to the Club with the most new members in the year.
Long Service Badges
District 69 awards Long Service badges for continuous membership for 15, 20, 25 (etc in increments of 5 years and in different colours) years. Following perusal of the membership list from WHQ, a letter is sent to all recipients by the CGD. The badges are then presented at either the District Convention or at an event chosen by the member.